View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
DocHaley
EcoModding Lurker

Hire Who?

All I can say is for a 2004 Ford Tarus SES to get 33 mpg on the highway is at least at the very high end of the spectrum. Maybe not for you?

Besides, the fools in the current congress won't do anything that is not personally beneficial to them getting re-elected.
We had Clinton, he left us with a balanced budget and a surplus and a blue dress with some smudges on it; then we had a moron and our debt sky rocketed while invading and occupying two country's trying to be the police force of the world.
(Don't get all excited here, I believe in payback, but, I believe in the kind we dished out during a "declared war", WW11. Descimate the enemy and go home.) And now we have an administration that found out walking in lock step is safer than keeping campaign promises.

Oh, wait, that's what they all do!

I'll report what I get in mpg on my trip back to Dallas and back to Red River.

I'm a conservative driver, just under sixty, cruise except on hill climbs and then I use the accelerator pedal. Being retired gives me more of an option to leave early, take my time, save my gas money and get there when I feel like it. But after 7 years of retirement and just turning 60, I'm getting bored. Can't hunt-fish-golf but so much and then you actually look for a problem to solve. My bad I guess.

Doc
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHaley For This Useful Post:
cleanspeed1 (07-25-2011)