View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3AkAzOiD View Post
Looks like your damn near on the bump stops with that "ghetto drop" when taking the corners.
Were aftermarket lowering springs installed or did the previous owner just cut the stock springs?

If this is a dedicated track car you may want to look into an A/C delete and underdrive pulley for your alternator.

Wheel bearings still in good shape?

A quick release undertray would help smooth out airflow under your car as it looks pretty rough under there. That would improve aero drag and help both with MPG's and on the track.

Whats speeds you hitting in the straits? Only asking cause I've seen other peoples vids from that track and almost everyone looks slow on the strait after that tight corner.
Cleanspeed1- I'm hearin ya!, but POR15 can wait- more pressing things, plus can kkeep it in my unit to minimise further rusting

Freakazoid, yeah we're after a new suspension setup-looks like possible cut springs, but isnt actually too bad TBH. looking at a slight raise and componant refresh on the double wishbone setup on the front..

The A/C setup will come out- compressor should yield some good KG's, not to mention a few £££ when sold

Car still weighs over 1500KG, so plenty of room for weight saving

Agreed re the undertray- the underside of the car is anything but clean- its building something we can drop easily at the track that'll be difficult

As for speeds on the straight- we were hitting indicated 105 on the drag up the hill- corner speed at the hairpin is approx 27mph..Some of the folks in the Evo's and Nissan GTRs were hitting a TRUE 140+ before braking..

cheers for the input!

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------