View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsoul View Post
My car doesn't have trip computer so the last time I did the calculation was like 6 months ago and I think it was around 5/5.5 l/100km.
Is that how often you fill up? Or do you not take note of how many kilometers you did on how many liters when filling up? You should write down your odometer's reading and how many liters you put in - it doesn't cost anything but gives you lots of valuable information. You can then enter the numbers into your car's fuel log once you park it in EM's garage.

5-5.5 l/100km isn't that bad (the average on Spritmonitor.de is 5.7), but a few get at least 1 liter less, which is what you should be aiming for. It's a nice car, and with some hypermiling and ecomods you could easily be at or below 4 l/100km. Plus, the BSFC map for the 1.9 TDI is easy to find, which will help you perfect your driving style. Good luck!!

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread