View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
toc
EcoModding Apprentice

Sonata97 - '97 Hyundai Sonata GL
90 day: 25.96 mpg (US)

Pulsar - '03 Nissan Pulsar ST
Team Nissan
90 day: 36.09 mpg (US)

Lancer - '04 Mitsubishi Lancer
90 day: 31.11 mpg (US)

Lancer 2.0 - '09 Mitsubishi Lancer
90 day: 27.1 mpg (US)
- Locate your car's OBDII connector (to ensure you have one).
- Buy an arduino, OBD connector, cable, LCD display, your choice of case / materials.
- Look up the OBDII pinout for your car, as some of the configuration of OBDuino depends on it.
- If you do not have an OBDII port, you'll need to setup with MPGuino - very easy after you find the injector and speed signals.

- If your car is using the ISO standard, buy the MC33290 (or alternative SI9243-AEY) chip and follow the ISO implementation steps on the Opengauge website.

- If your car is using the CAN standard, follow the steps on the opengauge website for that.
Likewise for any others.

Next, build a case for your setup.

I realise this post fragments, but that's because there are a few different implementations and it's mostly specific to your vehicle.
Further, OBDII is not in every vehicle after 1996, outside of the US. Here in Australia, my newer 2003 Pulsar has an OBDII port, but my 1997 Sonata has only an ALDL connector (so I set that up with MPGuino instead).

What car are you driving, go find an OBDII connector in your car, before setting out for OBDuino.