View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
The only trend worth noting is over thousands of miles. However much fun it is in the short term on those high mpg "tanks". Which is why my single criterion for diesel is clean and fresh. And I never worry about how well-filled is the tank. It averages out.

Now, down to business. Ever start recording average mph? I've been thinking that may be the single "transfer-able" number, one truck to another despite specification, climate and terrain. Takes a fair amount of driver input away as well (if someone can meet this bar then they already have a fair handle on how to drive for economy [for their vehicle under their conditions]).

Just a cursory understanding of road type afterwards. I don't mean this to say that a guy in northern Minnesota will get the same as a guy in South Texas year-round. But if truck spec and roads are similar, much of the years climate could be weighed in the balance if truck spec is not so far apart. (Terrain would be harder, IMO).

Back to your dilemma: I recommend you do the Tank Vent Mod as outlined on the enthusiast boards. Will make your fillups fast and easy, none of that dribble, dribble crap.

Last edited by slowmover; 07-28-2011 at 04:20 PM..