View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #111 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

I wish I'd gotten to it 1st! The taillight pattern just screams VOLVO! If only all current Volvo's looked this aero!

Sorry Arragonis! War wagon beat you. I was referring to the "56, and '57 Chevies!
On both of these cars, the whole left side taillight housing was hinged, and standing at the back of the car, the hinges also were hidden on left side of housing.
A very clean, and fresh approach to what I call the ugly gas door dilemma!

They have an aftermarket kit now to do that for '55 Chevies now!

Yes, for '56, and '57, Chevrolet did this on all its cars, not just the Belair, or not just for 2dr. HT's! The wagons, the sedan deliveries, all including the 150 and 210 trim models.

This is where I think ALL fillers should be! We need more automotive attention to beauty, especially when it's this easily done!

I did have a hunch that the Caddy of the same vintages might be as "CLEAN", but wasn't sure. How about the rest of the GM line: the Olds, Buick, and Pontiac??

It's been interesting here that all of us on either side of the POND all privy to information, that's somewhat more obscure for the other!

Even though you (Arra) have left wonderful directions for sharing pictures on here, due to people's natural impatience, could someone else RUN a picture closeup of both the '56, and '57 taillights, and describe which chrome parts are hand turned for the taillights to open??? Thank you!

I was a day later getting back on here, as I have poor wireless internet connections at times, at the whims of my local weather, and geographic weak signal strength overall, unless I drive 3 miles to a more receptive area!