View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
ecogypsy
EcoModding Lurker

How to make my car Eco smart

I am new here and not sure if I am posting in the right place. But here is what I would like to do. I have a 2001 Toyota Echo. I want to make her as Eco friendly as I can since I won't be buying a new car ANY time soon. I'm a chic and kinda car illiterate, but want to learn more. My girl is going for a tune up and I would like to get my own parts for my mechanic to install. I just found out about reusable air filters. But I have read the horror stories over the K&N. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I also recently read about E3 spark plugs. Do these really work? or a waste of money? I also need a radiator flush, any way to make this anymore eco friendly? He mentioned a gas filter, but I heard my gas filter is IN my gas tank, so does this get changed? or is this a lifetime gas filter? If it DOES get changed, again, is there any way to make it Eco friendly? Any other info would be greatly appreciated. OH a little more info, I live in North Western Arizona, about 2 hours south of Las Vegas. It is DUSTY and WINDY and most of all HOT this time of year. We seldom hit freeze 32F in winter. I read about changing the timing belt? IDK if this has ever been done. He did just do two belts on my car, but I'm not sure what they were. Just want my girl tuned up and as Eco friendly as possible. Thank you all very much.