View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #355 (permalink)
wdb
lurker's apprentice

PlainJane - '12 Toyota Tacoma Base 4WD Access Cab
90 day: 20.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old redneck View Post
The road goes from 3 lanes to 2 and has for 20+ years but the asshxxxs run down the lane tht ends and forces the traffic to STOP and let them in, except for me. When it's my turn the other jerk can hit the wall for all I care I don't have to yield.
I think a bunch of your relatives must live around these parts.

Around here, people are so hard-nosed about the lane they're in that the state has to intervene. It gets so bad that when the state is doing road work that narrows 2 lanes down to 1 lane, they have to put signs up that say "USE BOTH LANES", because otherwise there will be a 5-mile line of people sitting in one lane, refusing to allow anyone in, and trying to block both lanes so that nobody can use the utterly empty pavement beside them. I have never seen anything quite like it since the lemmings video.

I have been in other places where folks use both lanes right up to the construction area, and then take turns moving into the through lane. Works like a champ.

Maybe the state should just say "single lane ahead" and not say which one. Although I guess that might give the self-appointed lane police an aneurysm, which would raise my insurance and don't get me started on that!