View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
blackjackel
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '05 toyota corolla LE
90 day: 28.91 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to blackjackel Send a message via MSN to blackjackel Send a message via Yahoo to blackjackel
The next mod I want to do is to block the lower grill, as you can see from these two pictures:

The lower grill consists of the actual openings and a "cupping" "ditch" shape that leads up to the actual opening.

I was thinking that if I blocked the openings themselves right at the openings it would help with aerodynamics but there would still be that "ditch" indentation that would "cup" the air and reduce aerodynamics, my bumper would still be cupping the air....

I want to block off that ENTIRE indentation, I won't even bother to block the actual holes since I want to cover that ENTIRE ditch and make it as smooth as possible.

My question is.... HOW? What should I use?

I was thinking I should use a sheet of some sort, something solid enough not to bend back into the ditch under high air speed yet something soft enough to shape into a curve so the bumper looks as "natural" as possible (as if it didn't have anything in the bottom to begin with"

Suggestions?