View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
blackjackel
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '05 toyota corolla LE
90 day: 28.91 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to blackjackel Send a message via MSN to blackjackel Send a message via Yahoo to blackjackel
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
After seeing the picture of your entire bumper I would cover from the lower valence up to where you license plate is in order to mak the smoothest transition. As far as material, consider vinyl, like a decal it comes in rolls wide enough to cover the area, is relatively strong, non permanent and non marking. I would first use some foam behind it to give it something to push against in wind, but that should be the most economical way to do it. Just leave some room for the radiator to breath ...
I don't think I need to worry about the radiator too much... I think that since I don't have an underbody panel (yet) that the air will be sloshing around under the car plenty enough to keep the radiator cool... though I could be wrong, which is why I'm seeking advice

Vinyl huh? decal you say? That gives me an idea.... You know, I could cover the whole damn thing with one giant bumper sticker (with foam behind it like you suggested)... If I can find whatever bumper stickers are made form I can get one big roll and just slap it on! Instant non-permanent fix!