View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
visionary
Stick your neck out...

Update 002
So the latest update is on the first stages of the chassis construction (two images attached) which shows the dummy engine mounted and the rear swing arm attached.

The “mini-trestles” are fabrication support and ride height (150mm) blocks, the spaceframe material is 20x20 ERW steel box section and as pictured is in “tack-up” condition prior to TIG welding. It will of course be fully triangulated when finished, what you see are the basic “planes” of the design. This is the centre or lower chassis, one of three “modules”, the other two will be the front and rear sections.
Further news concerns the C90 which I hate riding. It all works quite well and I’ve used 3 or 4 tank fulls of fuel, so I can confidently quote a current 133mpg(imp), which is some compensation for the hardship I have to endure while riding it. This mileage has all been completed without using “dual carriageway” roads, so lots more stop/start than ideal and lots of WOT trying to maintain a reasonable pace to match other traffic. Anyway, at least it already does 100+mpg (part of my project objective), now I just need to make it do 100mph.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis construction 01sml.jpg
Views:	1516
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	9128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chassis construction 02sml.jpg
Views:	1104
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	9129  
The Following User Says Thank You to visionary For This Useful Post:
Boreas (07-31-2011)