View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #37 (permalink)
Polar
saving precious diesel

A2 3L - '02 Audi Audi A2 1.2 TDI "3L"
Diesel
90 day: 84.82 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
What is your slowly? 80 km/h?
On average 90 km/h, but obviously, p&g'ing, in practice that's anywhere between 75 km/h (uphill) and 125 km/h (downhill).
From the last traffic jam in the Avignon region on, we drove over 1100 km non-stop in about 13 hours, including a handful of stops to switch drivers and 1 fill-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vekke View Post
I will have a meeting with Nokian passenger tire department later on August after summer holiday season. Because you are rigth that I need all the help to reach that 2 liter target. I have my own idea of what I would need on my Lupo and its not regular tire at all. dont know if its possibly to manufacture or not but they can propably answer my questions.
Would you mind egging on the good folks at Nokian to produce their top-notch LRR tyre in the 145/80 R14 size my A2 3L needs? All marketing aside, the abovementioned Youtube movie showed impressive results on their experimental new type of LRR tyre.
Bridgestone's B381 Ecopia, designed (over a decade ago) especially for the Lupo and the A2 3L, are the only tyres in this size category, and they're becoming increasingly hard to find. And I'd genuinely hate to shoe my A2 with anything worse, i.e. wider than 145/80 R14 ... "Less drag = Less fuel", as someone said