View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
roosterk0031
Master EcoModder

Energy independence is a good reason for home grown ethanol, why ship corn overseas to ship oil back?

What's the saying, a dollar spent local is spent 4 times, a dollar sent overseas is gone, untill the goverment borrows it back.

Most of CO emitted from burning corn in any form, was taken out of the air by the corn plant, probably more until the stock & leaves are consumed by livestock, converted to meat, and enjoyed off the grill.

But my #1 priority is $/mile.

My last 7 tanks are almost as consistant as possible**, I'm back on E0 now, earlier in the spring I thought I gained some MPG with E0, but variables with car, temperature and my new driving habits somewhat negated that data.

My driving has changed about as much as it will, I'm not driving under 55 or going to stop usings cruise control, no AC and I keep the windows up at speed. No changes in the car planned so I'll continue experimenting only with Ethanol Blends untill I need some new tires in a month or 2.

**Part of my commutte did change a few weeks ago to avoid road construction but distance is the same, still 55 mph, next few tanks will see if that makes any difference.

Last edited by roosterk0031; 08-01-2011 at 03:18 PM..