View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
pletby
Red Light Avoider

My Civic - '00 Honda Civic DX
Team Honda
90 day: 46 mpg (US)
I just got back from my first drive with the UG. Wow what a difference instant feedback gives! I can tell how much of a hit I'm taking from headwinds and crosswinds, or help from passing cars and trucks. I also started accelerating a little quicker so I could enjoy the longer glides at 100+ mpg in town.

I also tried my A/C on the highway and the expected massive hit took place. I went with the wind from 40ish mpg to 26 mpg. That's too big of a hit. Into the wind I went from 32 to 22. Nasty. Needless to say the A/C is not going on unless I'm desperate. I did both those tests at the posted limit, much faster than I normally go. Silly me forgot to wind down the windows and test that difference, I just left the panel fan on to keep cool. Next time!

I want to test the difference between having my rear spoiler on vs removed. I'll have to read up on A-B-A testing again. I think I'll have to wait for a zero wind situation. Now I have the tool I need to measure properly.

Avg mpg from that 30km play test run: 35 mpg. My best tank so far is in the 31's. Sweet!

Happy happy!

Paul