View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #363 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

Been working slightly on my newest bought car (3 months ago) the last few days.
It's the 1st year Chev. Monza fastback ('75) 2 previous owner's ago, they took out the V8, and inserted an Isuzu Diesel w 5spd.

The last 3 cars that I have bought are all special to me. I consider each one to be a rare find.

The '87 Crx that has returned a best 62.9 mpg so far, and was not modified by some 17 yr. at Ricer Central!

The '84 VW Quantum wagon w dead Audi 5cyl. w factory 5spd. It's waiting for diesel transplant so I can enjoy 52-57+ mpg w motorhome comfort like my previous '82 did.

And the Monza mentioned above.

What do these 3 cars have in common that annoy me so much?
They all have 'flippin sunroofs that leaked! It rains alot here and stays cooler, so it's the last thing I could care about!

The VW is a fact. steel unit. The other 2 I believe are aftermarket.

I've taken RV black roof sealer to all 3. It works well, and won't break down UV ray wise.
It's just difficult to have a real nice finished look. The Crx came out the best!

The Monza's plexi in the closed position sticks up way higher than it's rubber weatherstripping. So it's like I'm forming clay .
I resent the aero hiccups that these sunroofs make even when fully closed....... less roof structural stability....yuck!!!!

Did I mention I strongly dislike sunroof's? Thanks for letting me vent. Don't let your friend's DO sunroof's!

DID I MENTION I STRONGLY DISLIKE SUNROOF'S????? AAAAAAAARRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!