View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
blackjackel
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '05 toyota corolla LE
90 day: 28.91 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to blackjackel Send a message via MSN to blackjackel Send a message via Yahoo to blackjackel
Would it be MORE aerodynamic if I were to mod ONLY my bottom grill? or ONLY my top grill? Which would give me more of an aerodynamic boost?

I'm thinking maybe i can fully block the bottom grill and leave a little of the top grill to cool the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroschultz View Post
Hello, Hello,
As MetroMPG said look to AndrewJ, He has modded his civic very well.
http://forum.ecomodder.com/showthrea...ighlight=civic
When I finally get my Metro into the repair bay I will be emulating his aero-mods as well.
His lower grill mod covers both of your issues and he also added a manual control air opening for cooling (after he added the led for fan ops indication).
Good stuff all.
Use the search engine it will be invaluable to your quest('s).
Schultz out.
Thanks for the link, I actually saw and read that entire thread before I joined these forums, I'm very interested in his mods and I might take it upon myself to try some of them (The front bumper dam one in particular, as well as the rear wheel skirts).

I saw the LED thing he hooked up but I never understood exactly how he did it, he says he hooked it up to the fan "relay", does he mean the fuse? he didn't quite post instructions on how to do it, maybe I'll post and ask in his thread sometime.