View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #97 (permalink)
Christ
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Recently came across a truck for sale that reminded me of this thread. Looks like a truly great deal at $5k (seems too low). For sale near Houston, TX:

I have a running 1988 Ford F350 custom crew cab rescue truck for sale. It has a strong 6.9L International Diesel motor with a 5-spd manual transmission. It has a custom made flawless aluminum cargo box worth a lot . . . A plumber or an electrician will find a lot of use for it since it has place to mount an electric generator with a fuse box and all sorts of connections and outlets all over the truck. Reasonable offers will be considered. Please call (832) 665 3568 for more pictures or information. Also, it has only 8000 miles on it since it operated on a small chemical plant and has never been used outside. Title is clean and has been owned by only one company.

1988 F-350 Rescue Truck with Box

The enclosed box is tall, relatively. Made me think of alternate ways to make money with a good home-made biodiesel truck candidate:

Mobile CNC Truck

Mobile 3D Printer Truck

A PTO-mount hydraulic motor can drive a generator AND a compressor. Add a heat-strip equipped A/C to the roof.

I've got a chelsea 6 bolt pto if you need one.