View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #102 (permalink)
CrazyLee
EcoModding Lurker

The Beast - '93 Fleetwood Flair includes kitchen sink
90 day: 9.2 mpg (US)

The Bigger Beast - '03 Winnebago Sightseer Motor Home
Hi Charles,

I haven't tried Air Tabs, and my RV doesn't sway much when a semi passes by. I'm leaving them off.

As for the ECM I'll have to check the part number for the type inside the box. I think the ECM is probably OBDI. There is little chance I'll mess with the box, it is sandwiched vertically on the steering column.

Try the MPGuino setup I used. I know that the VSS speedometer number was spot on. I reduced it by 1 to make it more accurate. I had lots of E-way travel to check mile posts. LOL The Micro pulses per gallon still needs work.

Getting new actual fuel mileage figures is easy, the costs may kill the budget! I'll have to fork $220.00 to fill it up! I'm waiting for prices to go down.

You may want to build an air bag boat tail. Make it from canvas and fasten it to the back. Make air scoops on top to blow it up when driving. WOW! what a sight that would be!

Maybe the OBDI cable you have is different. I got mine from ALDLCable.com What did you get? I may buy a blank cable and build a interface for it. Lots of options, so little time.

I have a brand new OBDI serial cable available if anyone needs one.

Lee