View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #763 (permalink)
TurboTorben
EcoModding Lurker

Question Problems with initialization...

Hi,

I can't get version 198 to work properly. Problem is initialization after the engine has been stopped. The OBDuino never realises that the car has been started. It work perfect with release 190. I have configured the init-params exactly the same - but haven't solved the problem.

Maybe someone can figure it out. I have set these params:

#define useECUState
#define DisconnectECUIfRPMIsZero (new, not in version 190)
#define do_ISO_Reinit
//#define skip_ISO_Init
#define carAlarmScreen

What happens is that - when I connect the device to the car for the first time it starts polling for the ECU. I start the engine and communications come up perfect. When I stop the engine (the OBDuino saves trip data), and start it later - the OBDuino never comes to life again (this works fine in ver. 190 with the same settings). I have noticed the following - if I disconnect the OBduino and connect it again - it works perfect (of course). It also comes back to life - if I - when the engine is of - tampers with the menus.

Can anyone explain this behavior? Can it be because of the "DisconnectECUIfRPMIsZero"? - as I read this - it should help the OBDUino to be sure that the car is stopped.

I would very much like to be up to date with the newest software - it is just being better and better

Regards TT