View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #113 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionary View Post
t vago - I was on your side!
But since you posted, I will explain.
I posted racelogic in order to give you an opportunity to review the technology but since you did not, I will summarise thus - although traction limiting conditions only occur for relatively short periods, the same unit has engine speed limiting capabilities including "launch control" which can operate for very long periods at high cut percentages, without fault code recognition
My first-hand experience is at variance with your theoretical knowledge, without declaring a loser shall we leave it that "the proof is in the pudding"?
You claimed to be "on my side," yet are so enamored with the idea of deliberately throwing the engine into limp-in mode to save fuel that you're willing to sound like heihetech.

Steady cruising is not the same as momentary slippage, it is certainly not the same as launch control, and you really should know that. If you're willing to try to convince people here that stomping on the gas and putting the engine computer into WOT mode (which is open loop, BTW) is the same thing as cruising down the road at part throttle, you've got a lot of work ahead of you. Proof in the pudding, indeed. Why not rig up one of your aftermarket traction control devices to work in this manner? All you'd have to do is install it onto a test vehicle, and then cut the wheel speed signal to one of your driving wheels with a switch. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionary View Post
Why is it so hard for you to believe that this could work? Cut the guy some slack. We should be champions of new and original thinking, not strangling things at birth! Lets see if he can do some proper testing and declare some fair results, then subject them to objective criticsm.
He's been pushing this technology since 2008. He's claimed to have had a working box since 2008. He supposedly won an award from some automotive chip supplier, which implies he had some sort of working prototype. Why not do some digging of your own?

You could argue the same way for HHO.