View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #21 (permalink)
DocHaley
EcoModding Lurker

I'm back.

I just returned from Dallas (round trip from Red River, NM to Dallas and back).
Just about 1500 miles as is usual for the trip.

Been getting 17 in city, 20 on highway. Driving at 60 max.

Going there it got 23 and coming back it got 22.5 or more. Going to Dallas I am also leaving higher elevations so I'm going down hill for the first half of the trip. Not down hill all the time, but leaving 9000 foot elevation and ending up @ 3600 feet asl, or so, at Amarillo, Tx.

So I'm not getting the 20 something percent as of yet but it did make an improvement.

Never ran hot, everything functioned, 4 tanks of gas used (16 gallons on each fill up or thereabouts).

Have another trip set up for September. Till then the TB just sits around while I use my 4runner.

I'll give you another report when that trip is complete. I'm really expecting 24 or 25 mph on the highway in the end or it may not be all it's cracked up to be. They say it can take 1800 to 3600 miles (2 round trips for me) to get the engine conditioned by the Platinum system. We'll see.

If 10% is all I can recover, that's about $6 to $7 dollars a tank saved. At $169 total cost it'll take 26 tanks (or 7 round trips, which is one years driving for me) to break even?!
If I get the 20 Plus % increase it'll take me 13 tanks. That I could live with I think.

CYa
Doc