View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
newguyintown
EcoModding Lurker

Daox, thanks so much for the site. There were quite a few conversions for the Honda CRX there, but I could only find one with wh/mi figures or a battery that I could find specs for. From what I read he had a total capacity of 7.9kwh (72V*110ah), which allowed him to get 25-50 mi depending upon his driving style, so he got about 240wh/mi (he doesn't say how far he took the batteries down though) . Thanks for the advice on the battery pack, I'll make sure to make it bigger so it lasts longer. I was thinking of using two 10kw continuous, 20kw peak brushless DC motors found here hub motor, brushless motor, BLDC motor, bike conversion kit, brushless controller,electric bike,wheelchair controller,electric wheelchair,dual drive ebike, electric motorcycle,EV battery,electric unicycle ,brushless joystick controller, regenerative which can do regenerative braking.

Ryland, thanks for the info on the weight. I was thinking the transmission must weight at least 100lbs too, right? That along with the engine, and exhaust, etc should be at least 300lbs right? That would give me some room to work with as far as the generator, batteries, and motors go.