View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #15 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Sadly, I've replaced Torque. Everything good I've ever said about it still stands and I really miss it, but it's not the best thing for my needs. The biggest problem for Torque is that my commute is so long and the bluetooth draws so much power. If I forget to disable bluetooth or don't exit Torque properly when I get to work then my phone's going to run out of juice by the time I'm halfway home. I can't effectively hardwire my phone to the car because it's my phone- I need to take it with me and sometimes I get calls when I'm in the car. The other main problem is the connectivity. Sometimes it takes a while for everything to get on the same page, and EOC without a kill switch breaks the connection. Some days Torque was up less than half the time.

None of this is Torque's fault. I'll bet I could smooth out the connection issues by configuring the protocol and getting that kill switch done, but I can't fix the large amount of time that my phone is tied up. I got an Ultra Gauge, which is better suited to my commuting needs, but every time I look at it I get a twinge of regret that I'm not looking at Torque's pretty display. That thing just looks great, and having actual gauges makes it easier to read out of the corner of your eye than a screen full of numbers.

I'm not getting rid of it, though. I have to figure out the logging and I expect it to do quite well for studying snapshots of my driving and testing mods. It's going to be perfect for displaying the A-B-C coastdown tests of my roof top box, for one thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%