View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
If and when I do end up building this (I'm not finding any electric golf carts for less then $1,000 right now) I would like it to be a 4 wheeled trailer so non of the trailer weight is on the hitch, this way I could tow it behind any vehicle including a bicycle or my commuti-car, the commuti-car has solid mounting points to the aluminum roll cage that the bumper shocks are mounted to, I have a tow bar for towing this car behind another vehicle that mount on to those points and a trailer hitch could attach the same way only in the rear.
for towing a trailer like this behind a bicycle the sensitivity of the controls would need to be adjusted so it doesn't push you over, but I've hauled adults with my child hauling trailer without issue and a bicycle is going to be going much slower then a car.
At that point, with a 4 wheeled trailer, the big worry would be that the steering is tight and maintained so that you don't have it fish tailing.

At this point this project is more of a big dream then anything else, mostly due to time and money, but I plan to keep my eyes open for good deals on the parts I'd need, or if anyone else wants to take on a project like this I'd be more then happy to give input.