View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
War_Wagon
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
As far as the Kia quality goes, it's the little things like the seat belt retractors etc that will nickel and dime us to death on our maintenance costs. Not only in direct cost, but the fact that it is in the shop instead of out on the road, so we pay the mechanic for his time as well as not get paid for our rental time - not a good combo! Believe it or not the worst car we have, which I am going to get rid of this weekend, is a 2004 Mazda 3. Every single time that car goes out something dumb breaks, and it is still the only car we have ever had to get towed back to our shop. And it is always a $300+ bill, no matter what is wrong with it! Man I hate that car!

As far as rates go, we charge based on "class" of vehicle, so the Grand Am costs the same as say one of our Sebrings. I think we could probably charge more for it, as it is the only one around for rent, but I would rather encourage someone to take the 4 cylinder manual transmission car to save fuel, so we may even end up having a special lower rate for it.