View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 05:42 PM   #48 (permalink)
monroe74
EcoModding Lurker

duff: "Yes 4500 is too high, I forgot we were dealing with hondas."

You're suggesting that other cars generally have peak torque at lower RPM than that. Really? I just tried to imagine the most un-Honda vehicle I could: Chevy Suburban. I looked it up. Peak torque is at 4400 RPM. They must have hired some Honda engineers!

"Measuring injector activity doesnt tell you much because you do not know the power generated for the fuel injected."

It's true that I'm not measuring "the power generated for the fuel injected." That's because I don't have a dyno. I don't know how to do that without a dyno. Do you? I'm open to the possibility that you know a method I never heard of.

Nevertheless, it's still quite helpful to monitor injector activity, because it's a measure of instantaneous fuel consumption. There isn't much to analyze if I don't have a handle on fuel consumption, and it's nice to see numbers without waiting until I have a chance to fill the tank.

"The fuel injected is not entirely proportional to throttle angle as you are saying that the ECU is changing the A/F ratio with throttle angle."

It doesn't matter that throttle angle and fuel use aren't perfectly proportional. That would only be a problem if we had no way to monitor injector activity, and were instead using throttle angle as a proxy for fuel use. Fortunately, we're not obligated to do something that crude, because we can monitor true fuel use directly and instantaneously. One of the many nice things about not having a carb.

"if you dont want to try it I understand"

I like trying all sorts of things, but so far I don't clearly understand what it is that you're suggesting I try.