View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:52 PM   #24 (permalink)
redyaris
Master EcoModder

redyaris - '07 Toyota Yaris
Team Toyota
90 day: 45.54 mpg (US)

Gray - '07 Suzuki GS500 F
Motorcycle
90 day: 70.4 mpg (US)

streamliner1 - '83 Honda VT500 streamliner
Motorcycle
90 day: 75.63 mpg (US)

White Whale - '12 Sprinter 2500 Cargo Van
90 day: 22.01 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by low&slow View Post
Hi , The latest update on the Vision: 1) I did a tune-up: changed plugs, cleaned air filter, checked valves, tried leaner mainjets but switched back to stock as it ran like crap.
2) I left the sidepanels off so that I would access the carbs and I trimmed up the rear of my full coverage front fender. This seemed to help the handling in windy conditions.
3) I removed my stock mirrors and replaced them with some mirrors I made with some round convex stick-on mirrors and some steel strapping.

I just filled up today and it was my second best tankfill mpg average ever: 63 mpg. I had been getting high 50 mpg tanks since starting the aeromods, up from low to mid 50 tanks without aero mods. Things are looking up.
al the best , L&S
Looking good L&S getting into the next 10 mpg zone is always gratifying. for myself I am still in the planing stage for this winters build season. My wood supply for the wood stove in the garage was helped by a recent wind storm that blew some trees over that I snagged and managed to split with an electric log splitter lent to me by a friend. As for the the VT500 I have plans to go more radical on the aero in order to get into the 80 -90 mpg range.