View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
graydonengineering
EcoModding Apprentice

Frontier 2wd 2.4L 5 speed - '98 Nissan Frontier XE
90 day: 27.87 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I'm keeping your work as reference for my truck. Might you be so kind as to give truck-to-ground dimensions, as in body height (FF & RR), axle height, etc? A sort of ballpark ground belly-pan height might also be useful. I imagine mine sits higher -- even as a 2WD.
Sure thing, I will take some measurments later on and post them. Bear in mind, this is a 2wd that has been lowered about 2" front and rear and as a result, if your truck has not been lowered, the slope to go from center belly to the underside of the differential will be more pronounced. With 2" lowering blocks to stuff the rear axle futher into the body work, the slope was quite minimal. I lowered the truck for improved handling (faster corner coasing) and reduced drag. I messed around with low profile bump stops for a while and finally just removed the stops all together to get suspension travel that is just shy of stock configuration travel.

I belive I am reeping the benefits of the lower stance much more now with the belly pan in place.

Best 15-mile commute city/highway mix: 37.7 mpg
Best tank so far: 31 mpg

Last edited by graydonengineering; 08-22-2011 at 02:23 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graydonengineering For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-17-2011), slowmover (08-17-2011)