View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Anybody have a DIY on non retractable lamps? I'd rather not do much with electrical stuff, but if it's easy I'd consider it.

Anyway, updates. Busy day today! I found some large coroplast campaign signs (Thanks BamZipPow for the idea!) in the barn for the partial belly pan.

Before:

After:

It's made of two halves, and they're securely zip tied to the frame and bumper in like six places each. I duct taped the seams to make it even more slippery.

Next came grille blocks. I made them for the top and bottom grilles, but left the middle one for now. If the temperature is still good when driving around I'll block the middle one too.

Just the bottom block in:

Cleaned up the rust a bit with a wire brush, 60 grit, primer and some random red paint. Driving by, you'd barely notice the severe rust spots!

Here you can see the zipties securing both grille blocks.

This is turning out a little more OEM looking than I had planned, but that's alright. I doubt chicks dig hardcore aeromodded cars anyway! :P

Rear wheel skirts are coming tomorrow after the alignment. I'm thinking of putting some bolts through the inside of the quarter panels, and nuts on the outside for easy removal. Thoughts?

Possibly extended belly pan too.

Last edited by Sven7; 08-15-2011 at 08:27 PM..