View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 12:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,553 Posts
Today I'd like to share about the gauge setup. As we know, the SGe only displays 2 gauges at a time versus the SGII's 4 gauges. To help make this more managable, linear logic has done a kind of neat trick with the gauge setup. You can essentially scroll through gauge sets with the buttons on the left. There are three default (not customizable) gauge sets, and two customizable sets. The default gauge sets show instant and trip MPG, the next shows trip CO2 emissions and today's CO2, and the third shows trip fuel cost and today's fuel cost. Other than those three default gauge sets, you can make your own two custom gauge sets like you do with the SGII. The buttons on the right cycle through the available gauges just as normal.

Through out all the screens you still retain the MPG graph on the left. So, even if you don't have MPG or AVG on the screen you're still getting feedback on your mileage. Also, as I explained before, the graph can show your trip average as the zero point (this is default), or you can set the zero point of the graph to a specific MPG and see if you're getting above or below that MPG. It could be set to the EPA rating for your car, or your 90 day average, or whatever you want. You can also change the time duration each bar represents. I'll be testing the adjustment since the manual doens't really state how far its adjustable.

The image below explains things fairly well (its out of the manual).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SGE008.jpg
Views:	2621
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	9284