View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #4999 (permalink)
jpirkola
EcoModding Lurker

P&S couger current limits?

Paul and everyone.

It's been a while since I posted, it's the old can't breath in high humidity and temperature thing. A bit better now. We built the controller from the kit we bought from you and it works a treat.

I originally was going to put it on my EV conversion international Cub Cadet garden tractor. That idea got slightly side tracked.

The controller now resides (temporarly) on top of the scratch built (Called an ultralight modified) 1/4 scale pulling tractor with a 160 volt battery of 150 Headway cells (50S 3P) I'll attach a couple of photos. The tractor has a 13 inch GE motor and needs more amps.

Now on to the questions, right now the controller is limited to 511 amps. we have heard that people have safely run these controllers at up to 700 amps with a change in the softwear on the chip. Have you heard of this being done. If so could you put me in touch with the person(s) who have done this.

I have been out of touch because of health ptoblems, but I did hear that you were either in design phase or production for a High amp controller. What is the status? Will it be available in a kit form?

I'll be posting a you tube of the first complete run of the Big 13. If you watch the end you will see that it just ran out of amps. We have the RTD explorer log of the run if your interested.

Jim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BIG 13 battery stack and charger.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	9286   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big 13 P&S controller.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	9287   Click image for larger version

Name:	BIG 13 side view.jpg