View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
blownb310
Master EcoModder

Saab EV - '19 Chevy Bolt EV LT

Pierre - '07 ZENN MC2 Base
Tri-State Fuel Economy Championship 9-18-11 [MA]

Tri-State Fuel Economy Championship 9-18-11
[MA, NY, VT]

"Bikes vs Cars" will be the theme of this new event put on by Steve Mauk of Max BMW Motorcycles of NY. Steve will organize the motorcyclists and I will be rounding up the cars that will face off in this competition.

What: Fuel mileage contest through the Berkshire Mountains of MA. The route will be on scenic and challenging roads and will run 103miles in distance. The route will include the climb and decent of Mount Greylock, the highest point in the state. Your “economic” driving ability will be tested. There will be a time limit to complete the run. Any street legal vehicle is allowed to participate. This event will run rain or shine.

Where: The start and finish will be from Carpinello Service Center/Sunoco, 364 Main St. Williamstown, MA 01267.

When: Sunday, September 18th, 2011. Arrival time will be 8:00-8:15 am, first car off at 9:00am. They have gas and diesel and have a large enough parking lot that we won’t be in the way.

Cost: Free! This is a fun event for like minded enthusiasts [like us].

Organizer Steve Mauk will present awards to class winners.

Classes:

1. Best overall mpg for gas cars.

2. Best overall mpg for diesel and hybrid cars

3. Best MPG for bikes under 700cc.

4. Best MPG for bikes over 700cc.

Awards: This event will conclude about noon, and our plan is to proceed to the Freight Yard Restaurant & Pub located at 1 Furnace St. #3, North Adams, MA 01247 for lunch and awards.

To register for this event: simply send me an email to mikek (at] icerace (dot] com with your name, make/model/year vehicle, and your location. Or simply reply to this thread with the same details. I keep an email list of all registered drivers and will send the route instructions to them directly.

Thanks, Mike

Note: I will add more details as I get them. Additional classes may be added.

Last edited by blownb310; 09-14-2011 at 12:32 PM..