View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rayxoxo
EcoModding Lurker

49cc with 3 spd and reverse -Can go up to 56MPH

I bought and have a 49cc trike that has a real reverse not the reverse starter type, like those used in Harleys. And believe it or not it can wheely. You will notice a wheely bar on the back of it.

It claims to be able to go up to 56 MPH but the fastest that I have ever had it was a little above 40 mph but I let off of the throttle due to it becoming too radical because of the short width of the rear wheels (about 3 feet wide). I am fairly certain that it could probably do 56mph - but not with me driving it.

This trike doesn't have a clutch just brakes and gas. Really powerful for a 49cc.

Here is the pic of the trike with reverse and 3 speed - the red trike is also from Korea but I sold it about 5 years ago. It was an automatic tranny w/o reverse and a top speed of only 32 mph but only because of the governor on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	btrike8.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	9332

Name:	btrike11.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	9333

Name:	l5s.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	9334

Name:	l1s.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	9335

Name:	3spdmanual2a.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	9338

Had to pick them up in LA right off the boat. The rear fenders and back trunk are off the blue/silver one because I wanted to use it as my mini tractor.

I bought these trikes from Korea about 8 or so years ago and the brand name on it is MBA ??? Looks like a Honda motor but Honda's name isn't on it. It is chain drive.

It also has all the bells and whistles to make it legal to drive on the streets in Calif.

Sorry if I screwed up these attachments but there is a first time for everything. ; >)