View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
dr200
EcoModding Lurker

Just remember two things you get free $hit and advice and it is hard to tell the difference some times. Now with that said, in the early 80’s I rode a 650 Yamaha and loved it. Couple of years latter, While riding with my girlfriend on it, I laid it over and haven’t rode since except my sons crotch rocket 2 years ago, 90 in 3rd gear 100 feet or so they should be outlawed by the way did not have insurance so I married her so she couldn’t sue, this year marks our 25 year wedding anniversary. Anyway, I bought a Suzuki dr200 this year just for gas mileage. I did not get the advertised 105 mpg. I got 74. I changed the front sprocket and now getting 80mpg. I drive 15 miles one way at 55mph(really at 56to 60) and the bike handles it great. My opinion (like a$$holes, I have one ) is find some one with a motorcycle, visit many dealers, just don’t jump to quick but find the style you would like and then think small cc if you want fuel economy. I am no expert and I probably haven’t done all the research like some have but I say buy a motorcycle ... dive in the water is great