View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #56 (permalink)
cvetter
EcoModding Apprentice

I think I see the problem here.

We seem to have different goals.

As a nation, we in the USA are importing 3 out of every 4 gallons of petroleum that we consume in transportation. My goal as a designer is to help us to live better on less energy. How much less energy? Why, 75% less energy, of course. My particular interest is in 2-wheelers, which typically get less than 40 mpg in published road tests. My goal then is to help us ride better and get 120 mpg.

For me living better means 120 mpg any time, all the time. It means riding in even more comfort. It is being able to carry a more useful load. It means developing a vehicle that is so attractive that we will really want to use it. It means a stronger USA because we are living within our budget of energy.

I don’t want to change my driving style to accomplish these goals. I want change my design. To do both simultaneously introduces too many variables.

I will leave the driving techniques to you.

If I cannot do this with innovative designs, I will look to you hypermodders to complete the job. Until then, I like going the posted speed limit which is 70 on freeways in California. I like out-accelerating most cars. I like the kind of machine I am developing. It is really my first choice.

Craig