View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #37 (permalink)
Daox
Administrator

CM400E - '81 Honda CM400E
90 day: 51.49 mpg (US)

Daox's Grey Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
Team Toyota
90 day: 49.53 mpg (US)

Daox's Insight - '00 Honda Insight
90 day: 64.33 mpg (US)

Swarthy - '14 Mitsubishi Mirage DE
Mitsubishi
90 day: 56.69 mpg (US)

Daox's Volt - '13 Chevrolet Volt
Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,554 Posts
I'd like to finish off this review with a breif summary. I've enjoyed testing the SGe and think its a great product. The graph is definitely a nice to have and does help you analyse your driving. I have also really grown to love the gauge sets. I wish the SGII had the same thing now. Its so nice to be able to page through the sets of gauges that you can't fit all on one screen. I'm slightly annoyed when I have to page through the 20 or so individual gauges just to get to what I want with my SGII now.

I don't think the SGe it is for everyone, but there are those who it'll be a very good fit for. Amongst those people would be people looking to save money. You get almost all the features of the SGII, but it only costs 2/3rds as much ($50 savings). That makes the payback much quicker. IMO the SGII payed for itself quite fast. That makes the SGe is a no brainer if you're looking to save money. The other group of people I'd suggest this to would be the more casual ecodrivers out there. Its a nice gauge, gives lots of info and will help increase your mileage. There isn't too much to look at on the screen, its smaller and fits in nooks a bit easier.

That all being said, I wouldn't recommend the SGe to another group of people. Those people include the hardcore hypermilers. These guys love info and will use every bit they can get their hands on to increase their mileage. That means needing the 4 gauges up all the time to optimize driving. I also wouldn't necessarily recommend the SGe to hybrid owners. The loss of the x-gauges is a big price to pay for hybrid owners who can gain a lot of functionality through the x-gauges.

So, that is that. I do think that most of the users here would be more than happy with the SGe vs SGII and have a bit more money in their pocket.

If anyone has any questions or would like me to try anything out I'd be happy to give it a shot.