View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
'Template' Part-E ( additional references)

I'll start this today,although it's doubtful that I'll get any images up today.
Some of my references to developing the 'Template' are from Hucho,who in turn cites Sighard Hoerner's 'Aerodynamic Drag.'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I pulled out 5-figures from Hoerner's book which impact the 'Template':
*Fig.3.23 The drag of a Fuselage body the trailing end of which is cut off in steps.

*Fig. 5.11 Drag coefficient of three-dimensional bodies,based upon their wetted area,depending upon the Reynolds number.

*Fig. 5.12 The drag coefficient of three-dimensional bodies ( at supercritical Reynolds number ),based upon their wetted area,depending upon the thickness ratio.

*Fig.5.13 Frontal drag coefficient of three-dimensional bodies,depending upon their fineness ratio.

*Fig. 5.15 Drag coeffiient of three-dimensional bodies at a subcritical Reynolds number of R= 10,000
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Research data for the tables was assembled from reports by:
* AVA Gottingen
* DVL (Germany's NASA)
* Jahrb.Schiffbautech
* Kosin & Lehmann,Jahrb. D. Lufo.
* Massachusetts Institute of Technology
* NACA ( NASA ) Variable-Density Wind Tunnel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of the streamline body ( airship) research for Fig.5.13 was conducted by Abbott,co-author of 'Theory of Wing Sections.'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'll get the scans done as Al's work schedule permits.Appreciate your patience.
PS the images are quite small.If anyone wants to volunteer to Photo-Bucket them at a larger image scale,send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll get them to you.Thanks!