View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

You have won me over!

I like Corvette's up through about '72. I appreciate the substantial suspension updates that have refining and refining since about '84 or so, but I see too many cruiser type ones owned by non-car people who just want to be seen in one, that its rather sickening!

In recent yrs., the rear looking like a fat woman's butt doesn't do a lot for me.

Thankfully recently, they finally have aero headlights, instead of popups, but they still aren't pretty!

If you know what I mean,... it's a soul thing; like a perfect early XKE Jag. Some cars have it; and some just don't!

I think with a little careful planning, most of the '70's pretty cars that have popups, could be skillfully modded to aero lights under clear plexy or the like!

The older American laws regarding enclosed ( plastic coverings) headlights being illegal sure ruined the looks of some nice cars.

A car as new as the late 60's Opel GT should never have been permitted to be seen in public with the ghastly frog eyes. The car otherwise, was quite nice!