View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Arragonis
The PRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320touring View Post
Yeah this is an area I'd like to experiment with, however, the lil 4 banger doesnt seem to get much more "GO" for dropping it to 15mpg- more noise and thats about it..

at 20mpg, the engine "feels" like its pulling well, if you know what I mean..plus the 20 is in the middle of the dial so easy to aim for when you're tired

Maybe with some free time and a spare day I'll try a 15mpg pulse and do some a-b-a testing on the m74..
The problem I find with P&G in Scotland is the 2-lane motorways, A-roads and bypasses. Nowhere is quiet enough to try it without someone wanting to punt you along or off so its hard to test and probably even harder to use here practically at any time of day. Instead I usually find a truck going roughly the speed I want and follow it.

Today has been tricky though as its a bank holiday - ok not here but a lot of people take the same day as England so the roads are quiet - so no trucks. So instead I just drove both to and from work with no HM.

Result is a daily average to work of 54 and back of 57 (back is downhill). This included me joining a row of 2 other Aygos on the bypass to make a red/white/blue threesome () at 70.

I have new music on my USB key as well, which is never good for FE...
320touring (08-30-2011)