View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 07:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
The problem I find with P&G in Scotland is the 2-lane motorways, A-roads and bypasses. Nowhere is quiet enough to try it without someone wanting to punt you along or off so its hard to test and probably even harder to use here practically at any time of day. Instead I usually find a truck going roughly the speed I want and follow it.
I just do it anyway.. The idiots that sit in the outside lane doing 65mph and holding everyone up are responsible for the fact that faster cars/trucks behind me cant pull out to pass. I'm not speeding or going too slow, so they can swivel

Funnily enough, had a trucker behind me yesterday in heavy traffic- when the car infront slowed suddenly he had to take to the hard shoulder to avoid hitting anyone- he spent the rest of the journey 100 yards backk from any car..They really are ignorant of the effort required to heft 44tonnes to a halt

Quote:
Today has been tricky though as its a bank holiday - ok not here but a lot of people take the same day as England so the roads are quiet - so no trucks. So instead I just drove both to and from work with no HM.

Result is a daily average to work of 54 and back of 57 (back is downhill). This included me joining a row of 2 other Aygos on the bypass to make a red/white/blue threesome () at 70.

I have new music on my USB key as well, which is never good for FE...
Yeah Monday was a dream run in..even this morning wasnt too bad once I'd got onto the m8..

looks like 230 miles from £35 at 1.329 in the old e30 320.. not too far off 40 UK MPG

As of tomorrow then its a return to the diseasal destroyer as driven by my carshare colleague- she got a mazda6 2.2 tdi to replace the frankly brick sh*tehouse nissan Cashcow.. here's to cheaper commutes

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------