View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #5028 (permalink)
pamcmills
EcoModding Lurker

Hi all. I've been reading this forum for a while now and thought it time to chime in. On the subject of parallel controllers, the only way it would work is by a sync line tying them together. One would be designated as the master and the other as a slave. The elegant way would be to send a sync signal to an IO port and and add lines off code to establish a master / slave relationship between the two controllers. Another way would be to send the PWM signal of the master to the driver section of the slave and disable the micro-controller of the slave. That's my 10 cents worth anyway.

By the way, I'm the crazy person that Paul had mentioned a while back who tried to run the controller at 192 volts. Worked good for 300 miles before frying.

Paul. I have over 2000 miles since rebuilding the controller and going back to 144 volts.
Even with the 115F temp we've had here in Arizona It's been working great. The highest temp I have recorded at the heat sink has been 135F.

The last thing I want say is thanks to Paul and everyone involved with this open source project. I would not be as far along as I am on my conversion without the help of all of you folks out there.