View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Nacademus
Cataphract Ecotec Pilot

Betty - '10 Chevrolet HHR LS
90 day: 31.68 mpg (US)
Red face New ECOMODDER! 2010 HHR LS 5 Speed

Hello all,

My name is Kevin and I am from Ohio.

Even though I am not new to the whole forum scene, I am new to ecomodder.com.

I currently drive a 2010 HHR LS with a 5 speed manual transmission.
It has a 2.2L Ecotec FlexFuel™ Engine with VVT. (see what I did there )

I am rather proficient with driving it economically. My Driver's Information Center in the dashboard consistently states that I am at 30.6-31.7 MPG average fuel efficiency. Hard data mathematics reveals that it is rarely ever off. The standard deviation between what it says I average, and what I actually average is barely marginal ~.5 mpg avg.

My driving consists of a 50/50 mix of hwy speed over city. I take a lot of rural roads to work and would say that I have quite a few stops and resume accelerations along the way. I would say that I am definitely in tune with the fuel consumption control.

I drive in at the fuel economy sweet-spot nearest the speed limit I am traveling. I accelerate in a manner that doesn't draw out long durations of fuel waste, and I remove my foot from the accelerator over any conceivable decline or at least use it to help me up the next one. I also find where the engine and flywheel, regardless of whether it is operating at a higher RPM, conserve angular momentum and consumes the least fuel for the speed. I really try my best at saving fuel.

At reasonable highway speeds, I can sustain great MPG on flat surfaces for long durations as well.

to be continued.