View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 08:50 PM   #236 (permalink)
alvaro84
Master EcoModder

Teresa - '04 BMW F650CS
Motorcycle
90 day: 80.53 mpg (US)

The YARDIS - '99 Toyota Yaris 1.0
90 day: 59.52 mpg (US)
I think I continue to use this 1% correction until my commute returns to the 24.6km that it used to be before I changed tires (today it was even less than 24.4).

Oh, wait. It won't ever, we just bought a house somewhere else so my commute will be entirely different soon But I'll keep an eye on the new commute too. I'm bound to switch again to another type of tires, I don't like when Teresa eats a rear over a mere 10000km. P&G and riding with a passenger aren't too nice with the tire, I guess. But Z6s saw several thousand kms of 2-up riding and much P&G too, yet they lasted 28000... so I'll switch again and those I'll choose will have slightly different diameter again...

All in all, I think I accept the original state of the odometer. First 2.5 years of my log was recorded with Metzeler Z6s. I got used to that and I need to use a bit of correction to retain the length of Teresa Kilometers. And even back then she showed less than the road signs or google maps. Or Ciliegia.

(Ciliegia has new tires too. And I couldn't compare the two bikes yet, because Cili' spent the summer at the workshop because of shiNIN's accident )