View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
The face of an analog watch or clock is enough to measure your distances.I tried to use this......
Hey Phil, thanks for responding. I know it is sort of an odd Idea, but what do you think about my line of reasoning here? I'm trying to get the idea across that:

1) The air wants to stay put, the actual air does not move much in relation to where it starts after the car passes through it, much like an ocean wave, where the water molecules end up in the same place from where they started.

2) In trying to fill in behind the car, if the air can maintain contact with the skin of the car, it essentially gives back the energy it took to move it out of place.

So in essence, we end up kind riding on our own wave we create as we drive through the air, this is the actual force behind creating low drag, we reclaim the energy.

Am I onto something or should I put away the crack pipe? Does it make sense what I'm saying?

I have the template down cold, thanks for that. Our discussions in the thread "Cinderella" were the turning point in my understanding of a lot about aerodynamics, and I really, really appreciate your patience and willingness to teach.

flow separation: Tiger Woods meets Cinderella,or 5-seconds to a perfect roofline

Much Respect, Charlie

BTW, In hind sight......Tiger Woods probably was meeting with Cinderella ....Very Prophetic of you.