View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 03:49 AM   #70 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Carpet keeps small things like drawing pads, headers and all things in between from moving in normal driving situations. I'm not planning on carrying anything heavier than a bike (other than when I'm moving) so it's not really an issue. The loading bay is more of a camping "tent" if you will, than a practical pickup bed.

I've looked at removing the rear panels and it's on the list. I just have to figure out how to get them off.

I just drove about a bazillion miles on Friday and Saturday from Stillwater, MN to Detroit MI where I go to car design school. My mileage figures are: 35.1 MPG through rain in wisconsin and parts of Illinois using a fair amount of cruise control. Speedo read 68mph. Through Chicago and to the hotel at Shipshewana, Indiana (#hostetlers hudsons), with a speed varying from 10-70mph, I got 38.339 MPG. I'm convinced without Chicago's f***show of traffic I'd have gotten 40.

I'm really tired from a long day so I'll update the official gas logs later. The current mileage with P&G and EOC combined is turning out really really well. I went appx. 275 miles to half a tank so far. When I had 38mpg I'd only gone 245. I'll be leaving in about four hours for the Grattan Raceway autocross event so I'll be able to fill up by then and see how it's doing. Really hoping it'll get 40mpg.

Anyway, some pics.

IMG_4442 by Tyler Linner [Ft. Corporate Insect Masters], on Flickr

IMG_4458 by Tyler Linner [Ft. Corporate Insect Masters], on Flickr

IMG_4459 by Tyler Linner [Ft. Corporate Insect Masters], on Flickr

Also got to examine some inspirational automobiles firsthand at the Auburn-Cord-Duesenberg Festival in Auburn, Indiana. The ACD Museum is fantastic beyond belief, and I highly recommend visiting the dazzling art deco former headquarters packed with unceasingly rare and gorgeous cars. You might think I'm exaggerating. I'm not.

IMG_4612 by Tyler Linner [Ft. Corporate Insect Masters], on Flickr

IMG_4625 by Tyler Linner [Ft. Corporate Insect Masters], on Flickr

Aaaaand the car I thought I'd NEVER see in real life: the TASCO!

IMG_4649 by Tyler Linner [Ft. Corporate Insect Masters], on Flickr

Anyway. Laters
The Following User Says Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
Cd (09-05-2011)