View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 01:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
blackjackel
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '05 toyota corolla LE
90 day: 28.91 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to blackjackel Send a message via MSN to blackjackel Send a message via Yahoo to blackjackel
I just finished my lower grill block mod, sorry no cam as of right now so no pictures yet, but I'll put some up eventually. I went to a local Officemax and the only white tape they had was duck tape so I used it...

I ended up making the hole about twice as big as was shown in my mockup (the exact width of my licence plate), I will add or remove duct tape according to my cooling needs.

I also duct taped some skirts on my back wheels, I notice that on the corolla the wheels stick out (outside) of the wheel wells so you can only go down till an inch past where the hubcaps start which is like 1/5 of the wheel, so if I were to fashion permanent skirts they would have to "stick out" at the bottom (cause the car curves downward causing the wheel to stick out). This got me wondering how in the hell I'm going to go about doing this wheel skirt mod :/

As for front skirts (which I also did), you cant even get to where the wheel is (cause of when the tires stick out on turns) so you can only get like 2 inches down :/