View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #26 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
At least Rover didn't have to have a night shift on to fix what the day shift had made - thats what VW had to do with the Mk3.
Yeah they didnt bother fixing the faults SD1 with the extractor fans DRAWING IN moisture to the painting line?Genius!

Quote:
Why I chose my Rover over a Pug 306 (which was the #1 hatch at the time - 1997) what the interior if I'm honest. The Pug was slightly bigger but the Rover was just so much a nicer place to be - the seats came from the 800, the instruments from the 600 as did most of the switches, the dash was solid and the interior didn't smell really bad like the Pug one did. Even the Focus was poor compared to it, the plastic was hard compared to the Rover's soft touch and it rattled a lot.

I dodged the bullet of the K-series HGF by choosing the Diesel, and as someone else was paying I didn't mind that it was overpriced for what it was - and it was.

Plus it was white - so in the outside lane of any motorway all people saw was a white Rover with its headlights on...
I like how the best parts of the car are from OTHER models from the range, and even then, not great cars.. I get what you mean though the 200/400 were decent back in the day-they really went downhill in the 25/45 stage.

Quote:
EDIT - If you do go Mk3 - remember that the Mk3 is so strange that the 5 door shell is actually STIFFER than the 3 door one, and is therefore preferred.
If its a diesel golf i'll not be othered about torsional rigidity!

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------