View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
JohnnyGrey
Master EcoModder

Pushrod - '02 Chevrolet Cavalier
Quote:
It's not reward and punishment - that's for the insects And I'm not telling anyone to bail someone out of their mortgage. But even the most prudent, frugal money pincher can fall. Regardless of their situation, there's no restitution to be had - there's nothing to gain from setting up a virtual rewards system.

Phrases like "That's what friends are for" and "Good neighbors are there" etc. etc. didn't come from sitting back and watching foolishness...
Are you telling me you support a taxpayer subsidized bailout for lenders, borrowers and wall street? If you want to give some of your "extra" money to cover the losses of speculators, flippers and unscrupulous banks who loosened standards knowing they'd get a bailout, then go ahead. Just don't force reasonable people to subsidize stupidity. Strangers who F'ed up by biting off more than they could chew are not my "friends" nor my "neighbors". My neighbors can actually afford their houses.

These subprime idiots are the ones that made sure that even the financially secure couldn't afford a house by driving up home values via loose credit. I'm of the opinion that when stupid hurts enough, people will stop being stupid. Do you think the few that bought low and sold high will be sharing their profits with you? Then why do you think their losses should be socialized?