View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #5052 (permalink)
voltmatic automaton
EcoModding Lurker

Its alive BWAHAHAHA!!!....but its too late...

So a while back I completed constructing the controller. Put it in tha car and...nothing.
So I mpacked everything up and quit for a while. Some things happened in life and I had to find the motivation to get the car running.

Went back to trying to troubleshoot, and a very simple question on this board showed one of the biggest blunders I have ever made...

A bad cable.

Hidden beneath the board that secures all my controller , contactor stuff is a high voltage line to the breaker.

At some point the bolt had vibrated loose and over time the arc had melted the lug to nothing...hence no power.

Call me what you want...theres probably nothing I haven't called myself.

One lug and reassembly later and a simple turn of the key has the car running with the Open Revolt Controller.

A million thanks to Paul for his hard work and to all on the board who have advised and mused on the various aspects of this very useful device.

NOW....a quandry...I have had to move to an apartment. No charging options.
So if anyone can suggest a way to get a 240 volt outlet to charge my car from someone somewhere in Arlington DFW area, I would appreciate it.

The only other option would be to sell the vehicle, which I may have to do

Let me know your thoughts, and again a great big thank you for all of your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to voltmatic automaton For This Useful Post:
MPaulHolmes (09-09-2011)