View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapriRacer View Post
One of the quirks in this is that OE tires - the tires that come new on vehicles from the assembly plant - are generally spec'd by the vehicle manufacturers to have low RR - and that's why you hear many complaints about wear and traction with these tires.
Original Equipment (OE) tires for the Honda Civic VX are also going to be using nearly 20 year old chemistry and manufacturing, if I remember right the OE tires for the VX had a traction rating of "B" and a wear life of around 240.
The Sumitomo HTR T4 were at one time listed as a LRR tire although that appears to have changed, they are one of the few tires that is in the 165/70R13 size and have a traction rating of "A" and a wear life of 560, I have some of them in the 175/70R13 size on my civic vx and I'm happy with them, I'm of course going to go with the stock size when I replace these, unless of course I can find some Honda Insight rims from 2000-2007, then I'll find a 14" set of tires.
My brother has a set of Insight rims on his civic, they look great, they are light weight and they are an aerodynamic smooth face.